Since starting my digital journey in ECMP355 I have had access to so many current education and technology trends. Some days it feels like I am being overstimulated with information. However, I have learned so much more than I could have imagined in the last couple of weeks!
One thing that really amazed me was something called Google Cardboard. It is a new design and app put out by google which allows you to enter virtual realities! I had no idea this was possible until I saw it pop-up in my twitter feed. I decided to do some more research and so I started to follow their blog as well.
Some of the things I have learned and also some ways that I believe this new innovation would be useful in the classroom are:
- You can build your own device from scratch (a great hands on experience for students)!
- It has been used to help save lives!
- Teachers can sign up for free virtual field trips to take their students on!
- Students can learn to create their own videos to be viewed as virtual tours (either with GoPro’s or with video editing).
- It can provide students with other experiences that you never thought possible!
This app is completely free! So why not explore it alongside your students!