Some of you may remember my SOLO from my groups Summary or Learning
So this semester I decided to take on the task of learning to play the guitar. Needless to say it was a lot more challenging than one (an inexperienced one) would think. I naively believed that I would become some amazing guitar player. GUITAR IS LITERALLY SO DIFFICULT. Even after all my practicing I still finished with only learning 1 song. Which I will play for you below….brace yourself.
Sorry for the lack of pictures….I look like crap today.
As you heard….it doesn’t quite sound like the official song but I tried my best haha…the struggle was real (and my hands hurt….a lot).
Anyways…it has definitely been a journey. Although the journey didn’t give me the results I had hoped for I still learnt a lot about myself through this process.
- I am not a very good self-motivator…I need other people with similar goals.
- I learn better with face-to-face interactions.
As a result of the above two things, I am now looking into taking some actual guitar lessons in the next couple of months. I think that my learning style is better suited by having a time and place where I meet someone and learn the instrument. I still want to learn how to play the guitar…I just think I need a different process.
Pro’s and Con’s of Online Learning:
- Multiple perspectives (look at multiple different peoples posts)
- Convenient (access the internet anytime you want)
- Free (No cost for basic instruction)
- Can chose to learn the way you feel you learn best (Learn through videos or sheet music)
- Interactions with other people (you can connect with other people online who have similar goals)
- Screen Time (Increases your daily screen time)
- Solitary (You learn alone)
- Challenging to know what to search (Hard to find resources that are reliable and accurate)
As you can see there are more pro’s than con’s. So I would definitely recommend trying to learn a new hobby online. It is a great way to learn new skills and try something other than watching Netflix when you have some free-time on your hands!
Here is a Summary of my Journey:
- Guitar Learning Plan Intro
- Guitar Lesson 2
- Name that Tune
- Learning the Guitar with 2-way Skype
- Do Guitars Have a Place in the Classroom
- Setting Smaller Goals to Achieve Bigger Goals
- Guitar Tutorial Videos; Pros and Cons
- “Music is a Great Thing”…find out Why
- Guitars on Pinterest
- DIY Guitar
You probably have noticed that I usually tried to branch out with creating posts about the guitar. I found that I needed to find ways to expand my learning project, to try and find different things about guitars to put in my blogs. This helped keep me interested and I hope it also kept you intrigued.